Saturday, July 26, 2014

Lentz Trail Canvass

Today Linda and I canvassed a little community called Hacklebarnie and Lentz Trail, which is an extension of Broadway in Jim Thorpe.  We also canvassed Chipmunk Trail, a very nice quiet neighborhood.   This was the toughest “turf” we have worked this summer, with long driveways and little room to park.  We stopped about 2/3rds of the way through for lunch at Gaetano’s Pizza in East Jim Thorpe, which I recommend.

Once again, every person we talked to was polite. Most were Wolf supporters.  

I do want to note that Lentz Trail, which runs past Mauch Chunk Lake, is a difficult road with fast-moving cars.  If I am ever run over canvassing, and you are at my funeral, I don’t want you to say, “He died doing what he loved.”  I don’t like canvassing that much, and I can think of many things I’d rather be doing.


What you should say is, “He died doing what he was driven to do to make Pennsylvania better.”

2 comments:

  1. I think canvassing is more rewarding than making phone calls. I think most people are annoyed by phone calls but when I get the chance to talk one on one, they are more willing to talk so it is more to my liking, That being said canvassing can be a pain at times with parking and one way streets, not to mention the heat of summer.. Of course your situation is different from mine. It is all necessary work, I only wish more people would get involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the phone calls. I'd much rather canvass. People don't get mad at you when you are standing in front of them, but they get really annoyed by the calls, especially if they are getting a pile of them near the election.

    ReplyDelete