Friday, August 22, 2014

As seen on TV

Tonight in a canvass in East Jim Thorpe a guy told me he wasn’t going to vote for Tom Wolf because “Wolf wants to raise taxes.”  Corbett has been running ads that show Wolf testifying before a legislative committee when he was Revenue Secretary under Gov. Rendell.

I didn’t argue with the guy, but I told him I just wanted to say one thing:  “Don’t believe everything you see on TV.”  


He said something to the effect of, “You have a point,” but I have a feeling he still will vote for Corbett. 

1 comment:

  1. The problem is that voters do not understand how government works. No Governor can raise taxes by himself. It takes the legislative body as a whole to pass bills or laws. The Governor merely either approves or veto's. I cannot understand why this is not a more important course in High school. Having educated voters would solve a lot of problems. Perhaps we would get better representatives.

    ReplyDelete