Saturday, August 2, 2014

CIA torture

My position on torture has been that it is wrong, period.  The C.I.A. defended waterboarding, sleep deprivation, and stress positions as necessary to obtain information.  This “enhanced interrogation,” a.k.a. torture, was supposed to help protect us.  That it echoed Soviet, Nazi, and North Vietnamese brutality was glossed over.

Now it turns out that a Senate committee report will conclude that torture yielded no information that would have been available though normal interrogations.


Let me sum up here.  Not only was the torture immoral and against every American tradition, it didn’t even do any good.  The C.I.A. is a corrupt and evil agency.  I might add, it’s also ineffective.

2 comments:

  1. Having worked for the CIA for 2 years, 1960-1962 I know first hand the things we did and were involved with were good and helped to deter the evil soviet union's mission. Unless one has first hand knowledge its very hard to understand the good that the CIA performs with the defense of our country. That's all I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember that that was an entire generation ago. CIA employees have done things that I'm sure you would have refused to do.

    ReplyDelete