Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Congressman Charles Dent

Republican Congressman Dent spoke out about the refugee children housed at KidsPeace.  He noted that they all had been vaccinated and were no danger to anyone else.  He thought the Lehighton soccer club adults who pulled out of the tournament simply weren’t informed.  

While I think the Lehighton soccer people had a political agenda, I very much appreciate Rep. Dent speaking out.  I wish more of our representatives had the courage.


(This is the second night in a row that I have praised a Republican member of Congress.  What is happening to me?)

3 comments:

  1. Congressman Dent was being tactful with these people by saying they weren't informed. He should have said what he felt was the real reason for their action. But he needs their votes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congressman Dent does not rep Lehighton area. He truly is one of the better Republications. Kind of like they were many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with George. At one time Republicans like Dent were common. Now they are rare as hens' teeth, and, as a person who keeps chickens, I know that is rare indeed.

    ReplyDelete