Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Doyle Heffley campaigning on our dime

Last week we received an official looking and taxpayer-funded newsletter from our state representative Doyle Heffley.  It contained many pictures of Rep. Heffley along with articles touting his legislative accomplishments.

Last night I received a phone call telling me that Rep. Heffley was holding a town meeting on the phone, and I could participate.  I would have, but I had already planned to clean out the chicken coop.  One load a night is enough.

Then I read in the Times News that Heffley is opening a satellite office in Weatherly to help his constituents.  This will also be at our expense.


It may be just coincidence, but on November 4 we will be holding an election for the Pennsylvania House of Representatives.  Mr. Heffley is running.  He seems to be campaigning on our dime.

2 comments:

  1. In regards to tele-townhalls (that is what they are called here), your time was definitely better served dealing with the chicken coop. In the past Peter Roscom was our rep and he used them. All of the calls are screened ahead and they are chosen by the staff. Since you are a registered Democrat your voice would have never been heard.

    Your chickens will appreciate what you are doing for them. Mr Hefly should be taken out with the chicken shit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure our "town halls" are also screened. I tried to listen to some of them, and all the questions are softballs.

    ReplyDelete