Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Canvassing

At times when I am canvassing for Wolf, I sometimes wonder—does all of this do any good?

“Research has found that broadcast ads and robocalls are far less effective at motivating people to vote than the personal touch:  face-to-face, door-to-door reminders that there is an election coming up, in a direct conversation what discusses the high stakes.”


That is from an editorial in the Sept. 15 New York Times.  My opinion is that if it is in the Times, it must be true.  I’ll be canvassing tomorrow with renewed confidence.

2 comments:

  1. I feel canvassing is much more effective than phone calls. Many people are bothered by phone calls, our campaign does not do robo calls either. Problem is that not enough people are willing to do canvassing. I constantly tell other people how gratifying canvassing is, because it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell you that given the choice of phone banks or canvassing, I'll take canvassing any time. When you are talking to people on their porches, you are much less annoying than when you call them at dinner time. I will do anything in a campaign except phone banks.

    ReplyDelete