Saturday, October 11, 2014

Doyle Heffley and the Sierra Club

I’m torn.  

Earlier this week I received a slick mailer that said Doyle Heffley was an environmentalist.  The mailer said he voted for AB 13, the bill that put a gag order on doctors, forbidding them to discuss illnesses related to fracking.  AB13 also limited liability of fracking companies for environmental damage.

The mailer noted that Heffley had voted to protect endangered species, referring to a bill that allowed the legislature to override the Game Commission scientists on determining endangered status.

Finally, the mailer said Heffley wanted to allow fish hatcheries to provide jobs, although those hatcheries might endanger quality trout streams.
Today I received a postcard from the Sierra Club endorsing Patti Borger.  I’ve been a member of the Sierra Club for many years.  It was founded by one of America’s foremost environmentalists, John Muir, and it is considered the premier environmentalist organizations.


What should I believe?  A mailer from the state Republican party saying Heffley is an “environmentalist,” or the one from the Sierra Club.?  I’ll be up all night trying to decide.

1 comment: