Saturday, October 4, 2014

Schuylkill beats Carbon

According to an article by Chris Parker in today’s Times News, Schuylkill County has beaten Carbon County in the obesity race.  It seems that Schuylkill County is the eighth fattest county in Pennsylvania, while Carbon only ranks 24th.  About 33% of Schuylkill residents are obese, while in Carbon only 32% are obese.

How did we Carbon residents allow this to happen?  Where is our pride?  We drink beer.  We eat Big Macs.  We sit on our couches watching “Ridiculousness” and Nascar races.  Nonetheless, we have allowed Schuylkill residents to jump ahead.  We must do more.


I’m doing my part.  This morning I ate scrapple and eggs.  For lunch I had three pieces of pizza with extra cheese.  Tonight I had three pirogies drenched in butter.  Before I go to bed I’ll have at least three bottles of beer.  People of Carbon, we cannot let the Skooks defeat us.  Eat up.  Drink up.  And whatever you do, do not exercise.  We can do this.

1 comment:

  1. Of course you ar assumming that the people of Carbon county will have enough money to buy all that extra food. As some of us know there are certain politicins that would like to do away with the minimum wage, food stamps and ship more of our jobs overseas. Eat hearty!

    ReplyDelete