Thursday, December 18, 2014

Kim Jong-un, Movie Critic

Actually, the dude is half-right.  Seth Rogan has never made a decent movie.  

On the other hand, we need to change that slogan, “Home of the Brave, Land of the Free” to “Home of the Scared, Land of the Fraidy Cats.”

We went through this before when the Ayatollah issued a Fatwa against Salman Rushdie for the Satanic Verses.  Bookstores all over the U.S., including the Campus Bookstore at San Jose State, pulled the book, fearing reprisals.  I wrote a scathing letter to the bookstore, but like so many of my scathing letters, I don’t remember it having an effect.  

I did find a bookstore that stocked Satanic Verses, and I bought it in solidarity with Rushdie, although I never read it.  If “The Interview” is ever released, I’ll have to see it to just to thumb my nose at North Korea, but that’s the only reason I’ll go. 

Explanation for posting gaps:

Yesterday I had a pacemaker implanted.  I’ve been having a slow heartbeat, which caused a certain amount of breathlessness and fatigue.  Now if my heartbeat goes below 60 beats per minute, the pacemaker kicks in.  I’m not supposed to keep a cell phone near it; evidently the phone can mess up the signal.  That won’t be a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment