Saturday, December 13, 2014

Rep. Jerry Knowles


Last week Penn State President Eric Barron stood in solidarity with a group of black students in front of Old Main.  President Barron raised his hands in the air in a gesture associated with the shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri.  I participated in a number of demonstrations in the Sixties at Old Main, and the Penn State President, whose name I can’t remember, was nowhere near the place.  As an alumnus, I am quite pleased with President Barron.

Along comes Jerry Knowles (R), representative of Schuylkill County and Summit Hill, who, according to the Morning Call, stated, “I believe he should either issue a public apology to law enforcement officials, or step down as president of the university.”


I am often irritated or disappointed with my own representative Doyle Heffley, but then I pause and think, at least he’s not Jerry Knowles.

No comments:

Post a Comment