Monday, January 5, 2015

Pepper competitors celebrate?

This morning I received an email from one of my many Belgium readers referring to yesterday’s post about the illegality of seed swapping.  Here’s what she wrote:

I guess you know that if you accept seeds from another grower, you may be tried as an accomplice! This will be good news to other top pepper growers, as you will be in the slammer when the county fair gives out prizes. Just so you know, I’ve never accepted seeds from anyone, so never attempt to implicate me in this scheme!


Since I don’t think the Belgians would know a jalapeño from a habanero, I won’t be accepting any seeds from Belgium anyway.  On the other hand, if someone from Indonesia would like to send me some Bhut Jolokia seeds, I won’t throw them away.

No comments:

Post a Comment