Monday, February 23, 2015

Warren vs. Clinton

I received a call tonight from a nice young women who asked me for $200 to elect progressive Democrats.  After I laughed, she went on to say that her organization was only supporting progressives like Elizabeth Warren, not Blue Dog Democrats.  I asked her if Hillary Clinton was considered too conservative, and she said the organization was evaluating all candidates, and no decision had been made on Clinton.

I said that I was putting my efforts and money into defeating a fracking pipeline, and she said, “You do know that Hillary is supporting that pipeline.”  I told her I was talking about the PennEast pipeline in Pennsylvania, not the Keystone XL.

I finally hung up, no money pledged.  My heart is with Warren, but she has said she is not interested in running for President, it is too late (yes, two years until the election, and it is already too late), and I’m not sure she would make a good president anyway, since she has very little administrative experience.  I guess it is Clinton by default.


Plus, I have a pipeline to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment