Saturday, March 14, 2015

"I'm not a scientist"

Columnist Gail Collins brought up an interesting phenomenon today.  All of these Republicans--Gov. Scott of Florida, Jeb Bush of Florida, Scott Walker of Wisconsin, etc. ,etc.--who say they really can’t comment on global warming because ”I’m not a scientist” seem perfectly willing to comment on tax policy.  

If they are willing to comment on tax policy, shouldn’t they be accountants?

I’d even go further than Gail Collins.  If they are going to comment on abortion, shouldn’t they be women?  If they are willing to comment on unions, shouldn’t they be wage earners? 


What a bunch of nincompoops.

2 comments:

  1. "I'm not a scientist" is just a way to duck the question. But they think they are experts on all other issues. Maybe they should say "I'm not black so I don't know anything about racism ", Then again they may start using that line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And they all use that line. It is hard to believe that Republicans can't come up with better candidates. I'm starting to get nostalgic for McCain.

    ReplyDelete