Friday, March 20, 2015

Modern Family

When asked about their favorite TV shows, both Obama and Romney mentioned “Modern Family.”  It’s my favorite as well.

I really don’t watch much TV.  I’ve never seen an episode of “Downton Abbey,” “Breaking Bad,” “Mad Men,” “Game of Thrones,” “Empire,” “Scandal,” or “Parks and Rec.”  I read about a show being cancelled after six of seven years, and I’ve never seen one episode.  I can’t stand MSNBC,.  I don’t even know anyone who watches Fox.  Network news doesn’t compare to the New York Times.  I will admit to watching Jon Stewart about once every two weeks, and I do occasionally watch an episode of the “Big Bang Theory.”


So why do I like “Modern Family”?  While I recognize that almost no real families in America have the kind of money the people on the show have, I like that it is a family.  The gay couple is married with an adopted Vietnamese child, and the relationships are as complicated as those of any family.  Plus Gloria is hot.  Plus it’s really funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment