Monday, April 27, 2015

Luann wins!

I’ve been on the losing side in quite a few elections.  I did vote for Bill Clinton twice and Obama twice, but among the presidential candidates I supported were Gene McCarthy, Dick Gregory, George McGovern, Mo Udall, Gary Hart, Walter Mondale, Teddy Kennedy, Michael Dukakis, Jerry Brown, Al Gore, and John Kerry. 

The Allentown Morning Call asked for a vote on which comic strip it should run.  One of the strips was “Luann.”  I’ve been following Luann’s life for years.  I know her, know her friends, know her dog. 

It is with pleasure that I’m reporting that Luann received 6,370 votes, Pickles, got 1,440, Non Sequitur 159, Wumo, 31, and F Minus, 26.  One of those Luann votes was Linda’s.  I got that one--Linda never reads the comics page, but I told her this was important to me.


That vote qualifies as a landslide.  It is also amazing to me that almost 8000 people thought it was worth sending in a paper ballot or going on-line to vote.  That may be a higher turnout than we will have in the May primary.

No comments:

Post a Comment