Friday, May 1, 2015

Bernie Sanders announces for President

I have levels of candidate support.  First are the candidates that I completely support without reservations.  As my friend Edie says, I’d take a bullet for them.  They would include candidates like Jerry Brown, Morris Udall, Barack Obama, and Patti Borger.

Then there are candidates that I support because they are so much better than their opponents, although they may have positions I don’t care for or they are flawed in some way.  That group would include Bill Clinton, and yes, Hillary Clinton.

Some candidates are truly awful, but I still would support them because their opponents are evil.  I can’t think of many examples, but when Edwards ran against Duke for governor of Louisiana, Duke was a KKK officer, while Edwards was just a crook.  The bumper stickers summed it up:  “Vote for the lizard, not the wizard.”


What to do about Sanders?  I think I’ll vote for him in the primary.  He understands the corruption money brings to politics, while Clinton rakes in huge amounts from large donors.  He is spontaneous while Clinton is scripted.  He is to the left; Clinton is to the center.  I know he can’t win, and I know that I will support Clinton in the general, but I want to vote for a candidate in the primary I really like.  Go Bernie.

No comments:

Post a Comment