Monday, May 25, 2015

Breakfast with a priest

This morning Linda and I ate breakfast at the Bowmanstown Diner.  We ate in the back room, and the tables are rather close together.  The guy behind me said to his table mates, “I can’t imagine that anyone voted for Obama.”  I turned around and said, “I did, and I’m glad I did.”  The guy replied, “I’ll pray for you.”

Linda said, “You realize that guy is a priest?”  I had no idea.  Later he and his table mates got into a discussion about the Affordable Care Act, complaining about the cost, ignoring the fact that 17 million more people now have medical insurance.  (WWJD?)  

I then heard the priest say, “I think everyone should have a choice.”  I wanted to turn around and say, “That’s what I’m talking about,” but Linda restrained me.


The food was good, but I could have used better ambiance.

No comments:

Post a Comment