Thursday, May 21, 2015

Too eclectic

In graduate school at Penn State in the 60s I was a teaching assistant to Professor Eldon Eisenach.  I thought he was brilliant, and I wanted to be just like him.  He knew so much about all sorts of subjects.

I mentioned this to another professor, and he said that Dr. Eisenach was “too eclectic” to become a star in the academic world..


I don’t know what happened to Dr. Eisenach (I suppose I could google him, but I have not), but if you are a reader of this blog and one night you read about honeybees and the next night you read about Burmese refugees and that is followed by a rant about Scott Walker and it seems like this blog wanders all over the map, you can blame Dr. Eisenach, my role model and my hero.  I am proud to be “eclectic.”

No comments:

Post a Comment