Sunday, May 17, 2015

Voter guide for Tuesday

Ok, judges’ races.  Democrat.  Vote for all the women.  All have received high ratings rom the PA Bar Association, and all would make good judges.

As for Republican judicial races, don’t vote.  All candidates are lousy.

Carbon County Commissioner race.  Four of the five Democratic candidates are personal friends of mine.  Walck, O’Gurek, Ahner, and Green are all qualified.  I’m not sure about Boyko, who as far as I know, never did much in the past to help Democratic Party candidates. 

On the Republican side, I again am personal friends with Dellecker, Nothstein, and Gerhard.  I don’t know Smith, but he seems like a nice man.  My advice to Republicans–stay home.

Carbon County Coroner.  Why is this position an elected one?  Wouldn’t it be better to appoint a qualified coroner?  I’m voting for Blazosky, a personal friend, but Miller, Jones, and Hoffman are all qualified.  I don’t recommend Bossard because I heard him speak about the evils of assisted suicide.  I see nothing wrong with assisted suicide the way it is done in Oregon.

Towamensing Township Supervisor.  Nobody’s running on the Democratic ticket.  Tom Newman, the Republican candidate, is also a personal friend.  If you are a Republican, vote for Newman.  After all, he supported the recent resolution against the PennEast pipeline.


You probably should vote.  Turnout in “off-year” elections hovers around 15%.  That’s because voters don’t know the candidates or the issues. 

2 comments:

  1. I vote all the time. Its a right that exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just tonight we talked to a woman at the Palmerton High Rise. The polling place is on the first floor. We asked her if she planned to vote on Tuesday. She said, "I don't think so." Truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete