Sunday, November 15, 2015

Defeating ISIS

I’m all in favor of punishing ISIS.  I think the whole ISIS movement should be destroyed.  It is composed of people who do not belong in the family of nations, who are the equivalent of Nazi functionaries at Buchenwald.  

I’m also in favor of “boots on the ground.”  I’d like to see a coalition of forces tasked with the job of eliminating the whole ISIS infrastructure.

However, if such a task is undertaken, Americans should share in that equally.  I have yet to hear people like Ted Cruz and Lindsay Graham and people of that ilk call for a return of the universal draft.  Until that happens, I will oppose U.S. involvement.  I don’t see why the lower income and less educated group of Americans should be asked to bear the burden of military action.  


If this is a burden to be borne, it should be borne equally by all Americans.

2 comments:

  1. The republicans always love to say that people should have a piece in the game. If that is truly the case then they should have their kids in the military along with all of the other young Americans. Lets get the chicken hawks deployed to the next war zone.

    ReplyDelete