Friday, April 8, 2016

Carbon County Democratic Fundraiser

It’s 10:45 p.m., way past my bedtime, and I’m just getting in from the Fundraiser.  These Democrats sure know how to party.  Here was a room full of activists (I’m making a wild guess here), about 1/3 Sanders supporters, about 1/3 Clinton supporters, and about 1/3 still on the fence, and all of them united in their determination to beat Cruz or Kasich or whatever else the Republicans put up to run this fall.  (For the grammar police reading this, you are probably saying I should write whomever, but the “whatever” is deliberate.)


The event, held at Memorial Hall in Jim Thorpe, featured good food, short speeches, our candidate for the Pennsylvania House Neil Makhiha, and lots and lots of wine.  People arrived in a good mood and left in a better one.  Once again, I am so glad I’m a Democrat.

No comments:

Post a Comment